Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing international companies in the UK?
Lincoln & York are on the lookout for an NPD & Technical assistant. Reporting to the Technical Manager and working closely with the cross-functional team, your key responsibility will be to co-ordinate and supervise the NPD process. You will ensure new products, variants and packaging designs achieve the agreed launch dates to meet our customers’ expectations. The successful candidate will also be involved in additional day to day duties of the Technical Department.
- Coordinating NPD within the technical function
- Managing the artwork process, including submitting for approval to the relevant certification bodies
- Checking NPD specifications to confirm factory and legal requirements
- Ensuring legal compliance of labels and packaging
- Working cross functionally (internally & externally) to ensure the NPD critical path dates are met
- Completing customer specifications and requests for information
- Assisting in new & existing supplier approval, ensuring documentation meets the BRC requirements
- Preparing and assisting in customer and third-party audits
- Covering in the absence of the Factory QC
- Carry out internal audits
- Customer complaint investigations
- Help deliver training and briefings to Factory staff
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of food production
- Have experience of NPD (ideally include packaging artwork sign off)
- You will be suitably qualified and have experience of Food Hygiene, HACCP and auditing (BRC/external/internal) requirements and be familiar with food information regulations (legal labels)
- Experience of completing customer specifications or similar documentation is essential
- Full UK / equivalent driving licence
In addition, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to plan and organise yourself and others. You will be tenacious, have good attention to detail and understand when to escalate issues.
An excellent starting salary combined with 25 days annual holiday + Company Pension scheme is available for the right candidate.
The current hours of work are typically Monday to Friday on a single shift system. Occasional weekend or shift work could be possible at very busy times of the year.
Due to the rural location of the Roastery there is no public transport available, please take this into consideration when applying for the position. This is a new position so an immediate start is available
Please send your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.