Could you be our next Sales Assistant?
Lincoln & York Ltd is one of the UK’s largest coffee roasting companies, sourcing, roasting and packaging coffee for customers in the out of home, distributor and specialist retail markets across the UK and Europe. A privately owned, multi million pound business with over 20 years’ experience and a team of over 60, we operate from a BRC accredited coffee roastery based close to Brigg, North Lincolnshire.
Role and responsibilities
This is a key role within the Company reporting directly to the National Account Manager providing vital office based support for the Sales team and our Customers. The tasks will be varied and the ability to communicate across all levels within our business will be key to the success of this expanding role.
It demands a flexible work approach; with attention to detail and often working to very tight deadlines, it will be challenging and equally rewarding as the Company strives to retain, grow and win new business over the coming years.
• To provide administrative and practical support to the Sales team on a day to day basis.
• To liaise with internal colleagues, following up on projects and flagging or resolving queries as they arise.
• To provide a first point of contact for customers to ensure the highest level of customer service and manage some smaller customers.
• To meet & greet customers, so the ability to organise and co-ordinate such visits, keeping stakeholders informed is essential.
• To build a rapport and understanding with the field based sales team to allow you to support them from the office. This will cover such tasks as resolving queries, following up orders and being the voice of their customers on site.
• To support the sales team with the production of report/presentations as and when required.
• To support the Sales and Marketing team with the organisation and execution of Trade Shows, Customers activities and other on/off-site events
• Attention to detail is a key requirement for the role.
• Personality and the ability to think and work on your own initiative is crucial.
• Previous experience of a telesales role would be an advantage.
• Attention to detail combined with an ability to make decisions, sometimes under pressure, is key.
• An ability to work to deadlines is essential.
• The role may include travelling to/from events to set-up, assist in the running of or break down afterwards. Occasional travel/overnight stays may be required.
• Educated to an A-Level standard.
• Full driving licence is required as there are no public transport links to the roastery.
• A competitive salary with the potential to increase based on performance.
• Company pension scheme (after qualifying period)
• 25 days holiday plus 3 bank holidays rising to 30 after qualifying period.
To apply, please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18th June.