COULD YOU BE OUR NEXT MARKETEER?
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The role of Marketing & Communications Manager is an exciting opportunity to take a lead on our B2B marketing and communications.
The world of coffee is a great place to be. We work in a growing, changing and competitive market that keeps us on our toes. Our Marketing & Communications Manager must keep us above the noise, communicating our company values and key messages by engaging the full marketing mix. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to get under the skin of the coffee market and work with some key players within it.
You will be proactive in promoting our products and services whilst reactive in responding to incoming requests. You will have the freedom to set your own agenda and the support to see your ideas to fruition, with the primary goal of supporting our sales team to achieve the company’s ambitious growth plans.
The job description
Reporting to our Sales Director, you will develop and manage the rollout of the company’s annual marketing plan. This will include a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- Taking a lead on our PR and advertising activity maintaining relationships with key media contacts and achieving regular exposure
- Finding new and creative ways to showcase company news online and offline, including the distribution of regular e-newsletters and e-shots
- Working with the sales team to create bespoke presentations, proposals, insights and tender documents for existing and prospect customers
- Managing our presence at trade shows and events including the London Coffee Festival
- Co-ordinating the design and production of all marketing literature and company stationery
- Being the contact point for external , SEO, events and media monitoring agencies
- Managing the company’s social media profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Keeping the company website up-to-date, writing and publishing regular content
- Leading our knowledge on the Out of Home coffee world, keeping abreast of trends and monitoring NPD and promotional activity for big brands, emerging independents and competitor roasters
- Casting your creative eye on branding and packaging concepts, making recommendations given your understanding of the market
- Monitoring industry trends and information and collating data for company use
- Closely evaluating all activity and submitting a monthly report and quarterly presentation to the board of directors
Although office-based, this role includes regular travel to London and other UK locations. Your days will be interesting and varied, you will not be bored.
You will be a graduate with a minimum of two years’ in-house or agency experience in a relevant marketing discipline.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, creative, self-motivated and diligent ‘people person’ to bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm to the Lincoln & York team.
You must be confident working independently and as part of a multi-functional team, ‘owning’ your projects to see concepts through to creation. Excellent organisational and communication skills are required for the role and you must be able to effectively communicate in person and in writing, adapting your style according to the audience.
You will gain experience in all areas of the marketing mix and must therefore be willing to learn quickly and immerse yourself in the world of coffee. You will have experience in juggling multiple projects at the same time and be able to prioritise tasks accordingly.
The roastery is based 7 miles from the Humber Bridge and commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull or Beverley in under 40 minutes. The ability to drive to work is essential.
We offer a competitive salary and investment in training and development.
To apply, please send through your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by midday on Friday 8th September.